So I have been thinking over the last few days how much I have changed as a person!
I heard a conversation on the bus between two ladies, "You should know him inside out, but you sound like you don't truly know him at all" it got me thinking, do we really know anyone inside out? whether you have been together 2 months or married for 65 years, how can we truly know a person when we change all the time? Things will happen in life and they change you, Death, childbirth, illness, money! So it got me thinking about myself and wondering how I have changed as a person in the last 6 years since having our children. Surely I can't be the same woman as I was 6 years ago? When I heard children screaming and crying in the supermarket I used to tut and think what the hell!...Now I salute the mama and give her that look of understanding! I know I'm not the same person I was when me and the hubby met 11 years ago and neither is he, So I asked him to write me a post about how he thinks women change when having children.
Here it is.
Hi, I'm Rich and I blog over at One Hull of a Dad. I have been asked to write this post by my wife Kerry.
Kerry wanted me to write a post on how women change after having a baby. This post could either go really well or get me divorced. I won't let on which one I'm hoping for.
There is no doubt that pregnancy changes a woman's body in a massive way, literally. I believe there are two fun parts to a pregnancy, the before your pregnant part and once the baby is here part, although that is 10% fun and 90% tiring. I would think that most women would agree that their body has never been the same since having a child. Some may be small reasons why it isn't the same and some may be quite big reasons. It's now time to hear my thoughts on how women change after having a baby
1. A woman's feelings of love change dramatically, they no longer love chocolate the most.
2. A woman's psychic ability gets raised up to another level, it's no longer, I bet he's eating all those biscuits while I'm in the bath. It is now, uh oh we have a code brown incoming, get the wipes ready!!
3. Women who once hated the sight of sick or even mentioning sick can now manage to clean it up all the while doing 23 other tasks.
4. Women, despite never having a child before instantly know what to do whilst us men go back to our roots and shit ourselves in a corner.
5. Women who once would stay in bed all day when they came down with a virus or other such illness, will now power through it and still manage not to starve or lose the children, not sure I could be trusted with either when I am ill.
That's my 5 thoughts on how a woman changes after having a baby. I have so much admiration for any mum out there.
A note to my wife,
You have given me the miracle of children, not once but twice (that's it though, you can stop with the miracles now). As a man, I can never repay that gift that you have given me, and seeing the pain you went through I'm not sure I'd even want to. I can't believe how you changed your body, your lifestyle, everything so that we could have our two beautiful children. The way you deal with them both when I'm at work is amazing, you get Joseph fed, dressed and on to school in time while keeping Alice entertained so she doesn't go off and lick a plug socket. Thank you so much for everything you do for us all.
Thak you to all mums out there, you do far more than your probably given credit for.
Thanks for reading